Tuesday 1 February 2011

February fast: day one

I am giving up drinking wine - or any other alcoholic beverage - during the month of February. This is not on medical advice but just to get out of the habit of opening something virtually every night, which can't be healthy in the long run. I want to be able to drink some of the really great wines I have accumulated over the years when they are fully mature. In some cases that won't be for 20 years. My objective coming out the other side is to drink wine three nights a week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)

To increase the incentive to succeed in my mission I have asked people to sponsor meet to the tune of one dollar (or pound) a day, or multiples thereof, for the full 28 days, to their nominated charity. If I fail I will be liable for the full amount of all monies pledged for the full 28 days. I will list all those who are contributing later this week.

Day one: It is 915pm, and I finished dinner half an hour ago - pork fillets, with two glasses of lemonade, then some green tea ice cream, whilst watching Arsenal vs. Everton on the box. Normally I would have opened a bottle around 8pm after I got back from the gym, and I would be half way through it by now. The craving is there but it is not that strong perhaps because I had a big one last night. The weekend will be tougher, or when I go out, but I feel fine now and I am going off to bed to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment